NGCodec is developing the Next Generation of video encoder technology that implements the H.265/HEVC standard (and also supports AVC/H.264). Our products are delivered as Silicon IP in the form of RTL or net lists for implementation inside a System on a Chip (SoC) or inside an FPGA and would support resolutions up to 4K Ultra High Definition TV.
Our work leverages our team’s extensive background in building high quality, low-latency video encoders. Unlike decoders, the encoder is not standardized. Each vendor invents unique algorithms.
More information is available under NDA—please contact us.
NGCodec's video encoders are differentiated via:
- One frame of latency glass-to-glass over a wireless/internet link
- Very high compression efficiency/video quality
- Very low system power consumption
- Very low memory bandwidth
- Highly programmable architecture
- Real-time in a low cost FPGA
- Tiny area in an SoC process
- Scalable to 4320p60 (8K)